You can experience God by looking in four different areas.
Look Around You
- Creation: Creation is the strongest evidence that God exists. Take time to really look at creation. From the minute (uniqueness and complexity of a snow flake) to the immense (vastness and order of the universe), God's fingerprint is clearly evident. What are the odds that all of this is here purely by chance?
"It is difficult to discuss the beginning of the universe without mentioning the concept of God."
Stephan Hawking, A Brief History of Time
"For there is no other way (without revelation), to know God but by the manifestations in nature."
Sir Isaac Newton, Christianson
"The Universe has been wrought for us by a supremely good and orderly Creator." Nicolaus Copernicus
"I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing." Alan Sandage (winner of the Crawford prize in astronomy)
- Miracles:The existence of miracles proves the existence of a higher power. There are instances of people who are filled with cancer one day and the very next are perfectly free of cancer cells.
Look Beyond You
- Morality: With few exceptions, every society throughout history has accepted the same basic moral principles despite vast cultural diversity: love is better than hate; stealing is wrong; murder is not right. If we are a creation of God it makes sense that we would share in His values.
- Religion:A vast majority of societies throughout history have believed in some higher power and a life after death. Where do these yearnings come from?
Look Within You
- Human Mind: Human minds appear to be uniquely designed to understand the world around us. No other animal comes close to us in being able to understand and interact in the environment around us. If not for being created in God's image, why are we so different and special?
- Purpose: Another area is the need for meaning and purpose that dwells in every human. Why would such a hunger exist if there was no God? What would be the purpose?
- Enjoyment: Only God could create a world that brings immense enjoyment: the view of a sunset, the sounds of birds and waterfalls, the smells of a rose or pine forest. Could random chance cause not just a habitable world but also a world so full of beauty? It appears that this world was created for the sole purpose of our enjoyment.
Look Behind You
- Others: Millions throughout history have asked, "Is there a God?" and have found Him. This personal experience has not just "altered" their life but radically shifted it, even to the point that they were willing to give up their lives.
"For the truth about God is known to them instinctively; God has put this knowledge in their hearts. Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known about His existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse." Romans 1:19, 20