- The thought behind the question goes something like this: "We are such a small part of the universe, how could we matter to God?"
- The myth is that small equates to insignificant. But:
- Is an elephant more important than a human?
- Is Jupiter 318 times more important than Earth?
- God's Love is perfect and hence inexhaustible.
"The Lord said: 'I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness.' " Jeremiah 31:3
- God's nature is to Love.
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:8
- In order to love, there must be something to love.
- We were created by God to be loved and to love back.
- The proof of God's love is the fact that He sent His one and only Son Jesus to die for our sins on the cross.
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8